3.5 Documents to be attached to an application

The application form for admission has to be filled out online via uni-assist. The printed and signed form has to be sent with all the necessary application documents (in printed form) to uni-assist within the deadline for the specific study course.

Several university courses (1st semester) will take part in the Dialogorientiertes Serviceverfahren (DoSV) of the Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung. If the course of studies to which you are applying takes part in the DoSV, you must first register online with hochschulstart.de. This application process enables the university to provide the student with a place of study as quickly as possible. The application process is the same for German as well as international students. You can find more information online.

The following documents must be attached to the completed application form:

  • authenticated copies of educational certificates obtained so far, including the secondary school leaving certificate incl. grades and, if applicable, university entrance examination documentation, evidence of study areas and grades obtained in previous studies, or graduation certificate
  • enrolment certificate, if you are a student at another German or European higher education institution at the time you apply for a place at Humboldt, or
  • certificate of exmatriculation (Exmatrikulationsbescheinigung) specifying the areas of study if you have previously studied at another higher education institution in Germany, the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, or Switzerland
  • evidence of German language skills (through a certificate), at least at level C1 for a degree course or at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages for a pre-university access course
  • further evidence of language skills (for example, English, French, Spanish) if applicable for the chosen subject
  • German translations of all certificates (exception: documents in English)
  • CV starting with the beginning of school education up until date of
  • self-assessment sheet is required for some Masters (available as a pdf file on the uni-assist application portal)
  • copy of passport (notarization not necessary)
  • document confirming payment of the appropriate fee to uni-assist
  • if applying for BA Sport Science: medical certificate (available as a pdf file on the uni-assist application portal) as well as a physical aptitude test (not older than 2 years)

Please send only certified copies of your original certificates (native tongue) and of original translations (German or English, Database of translators and interpreters) as well as language certificates. Please check online at the uni-assist website for further information regarding certifications and translations.