For stu­dents

Between lectures on Campus Nord. Photo: Lucas Adrian

Do you want to earn a degree at Humboldt-Universität or just spend an exchange semester here? Are you interested in an internship or other short-term programmes? You can find out what options are available and how to apply here.

Studying at Humboldt-Universität

    • Com­plete de­gree pro­gramme

      Coming to Humboldt-Universität

      Do you wish to complete a degree at Humboldt-Universität? A bachelor’s or master’s degree? You’re in the right place.

    • Ex­change se­mes­ter

      Coming to Humboldt-Universität

      Would you like to spend a semester at Humboldt-Universität? Here you will find all the info you need about the application, your stay with us and completing the semester abroad.

    • Stu­dents & doc­tor­al can­di­dates

      Erasmus+ worldwide

      Erasmus+ Partner Countries provides grants for students and doctoral students from Partner universities. Here, you can find out more about forms of exchange, benefits and procedures.

Short-term programmes at Humboldt-Universität

    • HUWISU Win­ter and Sum­mer Uni

      Humboldt International Campus

      Do you wish to study in an international environment and get to know Berlin? Then the Humboldt Winter and Summer University (HUWISU) is right for you: There have been two to four-week summer and winter courses here for international students for more than ten years.

      Studierende und Forschende beim Springbrunnen im Lustgarten
    • Hum­boldt In­tern­ship Pro­gram

      Humboldt International Campus

      Do you wish to see what a research project or start-up is like and get to know the German capital, Berlin? The Humboldt Internship Program enables you to participate in subject-specific study for three months in a real working environment.

      Im Bild überwacht eine Praktikantin den Versuchsaufbau in einem Labor am Campus Adlershof.
    • Berlin Per­spec­tives

      Humboldt International Campus

      This programme, with English-language and bilingual courses, is aimed at students who are already enrolled at Humboldt-Universität. Learn more about Berlin from various academic perspectives!

    • Hum­boldt Per­spec­tives Study Abroad

      Humboldt International Campus

      Humboldt Perspectives Study Abroad: Live in Berlin for four months and, in doing so, gain both specialised knowledge and intercultural competence.

      Im Bild testet ein Besucher der Langen Nacht der Wissenschaften eine Virtual Reality-Brille.
    • In­ter­na­tion­al Par­lia­ment Schol­ar­ship

      Humboldt International Campus

      Are you interested in German politics and parliamentary practice in Germany? Do you hold at least a bachelor’s degree? Do you speak German at a very good level? The International Parliament Scholarship (IPS) enables you to do an internship at the German Bundestag!

      Blick auf den Spiegeltrichter der Kuppel und den Plenarsaal des Bundestags.

Services & information

    • Visa and res­i­dence

      Services & information

      Are you going to travel to Berlin and are wondering whether you need a visa and how to apply for one? Are you in Berlin and wondering what a residence permit is and what the conditions are? Then this page is the right place for you.

    • Fi­nances

      Services & information

      Would you like to come to Humboldt-Universität to study, do a doctorate or research and are wondering how to fund this? On this page, you will find tips and useful resources for financial support.

    • Ac­com­mo­da­tion

      Services & information

      How do you find a place to live in Berlin? What search options are there, what costs should you expect, and what should you bear in mind? Here you will find information and tips on how to find what you are looking for.

    • Lan­guage

      Services & information

      Language is one of the most important elements of well-being and success when entering a new culture. If you come to Berlin, we recommend that you improve your German skills before you leave. Humboldt-Universität can help you with this.

    • Health in­sur­ance

      Services & information

      In Germany, it is generally mandatory to have health insurance. To enrol, sign an employment contract or apply for a residence permit, you must provide proof of valid health insurance. Find out how this works here.

    • Su­per­vi­sion pro­gramme

      Supervision programme HUGS

      HU GO STUDY, abbreviated HUGS, is a University support programme for students and doctoral students from abroad. It offers workshops free of charge on various topics and events to meet new people and to network.

      Gruppenfoto im Körnerpark, Neukölln.
    • 18.07.2024

      15:15 — 18:00 ​

      Senate Hall, HU main building, Unter den Linden 6

      Stu­dent Re­search in Prac­tice

      An event by the Humboldt Internship Program: Students participating in the programme will present their contribution to research projects at Humboldt-Universität and start-ups of Humboldt-Innovation.

      Go to event page