For aca­d­e­mics

On the move with the Geography Department's air quality monitoring vehicle. Photo: Matthias Heyde

If you would like to come to Humboldt-Universität from abroad for a short stay, Erasmus+ offers a variety of options. HU has established dedicated support for at-risk researchers.

Options for researchers and lecturers

    • Aca­d­e­mics

      Erasmus+ worldwide

      With Erasmus+, you can take business trips to HU as a staff member of a partner institution. You can find information here on current partnerships and the mobility process.

    • At-risk schol­ars

      Academic Freedom

      In recognition of its historical responsibility, Humboldt-Universität supports scholars at risk. Learn here how our initiatives and networks promote academic freedom.

Services & information

    • Visa and res­i­dence

      Services & information

      Are you going to travel to Berlin and are wondering whether you need a visa and how to apply for one? Are you in Berlin and wondering what a residence permit is and what the conditions are? Then this page is the right place for you.

    • Fi­nances

      Services & information

      Would you like to come to Humboldt-Universität to study, do a doctorate or research and are wondering how to fund this? On this page, you will find tips and useful resources for financial support.

    • Ac­com­mo­da­tion

      Services & information

      How do you find a place to live in Berlin? What search options are there, what costs should you expect, and what should you bear in mind? Here you will find information and tips on how to find what you are looking for.

    • Lan­guage

      Services & information

      Language is one of the most important elements of well-being and success when entering a new culture. If you come to Berlin, we recommend that you improve your German skills before you leave. Humboldt-Universität can help you with this.

    • Health in­sur­ance

      Services & information

      In Germany, it is generally mandatory to have health insurance. To enrol, sign an employment contract or apply for a residence permit, you must provide proof of valid health insurance. Find out how this works here.

    • 18.07.2024

      15:15 — 18:00 ​

      Senate Hall, HU main building, Unter den Linden 6

      Stu­dent Re­search in Prac­tice

      An event by the Humboldt Internship Program: Students participating in the programme will present their contribution to research projects at Humboldt-Universität and start-ups of Humboldt-Innovation.

      Go to event page