University partnerships

Study and research worldwide

In addition to the opportunity to take part in the ERASMUS-program at one of our European partner institutions, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin has many bilateral partnership agreements with partner universities (“university contracts” or “UV” in German) in Asia, Africa, Australia, North and Latin America, as well as West, Middle and Eastern Europe. Through cooperation agreements to over 100 partner universities worldwide students (and in some cases, PhD students as well) may spend time at a prestigious institution of higher education abroad.

Students who are enrolled full-time at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin may apply to study at one of our partner universities for 1 or 2 semesters. They must have completed at least 2 semesters of study, and prove that they have adequate language skills for their time abroad.

Students going abroad through our university contracts may apply for a travel stipend. They are exempt from tuition at the partner universities. Few selected partners offer a small living or housing stipend (e.g. some partners in Japan and Europe, USA).

Since the application process is conducted in German, you will find all the relevant information on our German website.